PHOTO ARTS

My photo
Blogging for the enjoyment of sharing information about all aspects of the Art of Photography and Photoshop Design. I also add links and information about Art in general that I find inspirational. Thanks for visiting.

Friday, February 19, 2010

My Photo "Old Florida Soul" is on Exhibit in Southeast Gallery

 Florida Soul
Southeast Gallery of Photographic Art
Old Florida .  Exhibition Dates: January 2 to February 27, 2010Public and Artists Reception: Wednesday January 6, 2010   7pm to 9pm
 
Old Florida is disappearing fast. If it's not termites and hurricanes, development has mowed through old schools, churches, and homes. Preservation is not easy and too often economics wins over conserving old buildings. This exhibition will feature pictures of architecture and landmarks, styles and colors, life in a slower time.      


 I created this photomontage for the exhibit Old Florida after meeting Willie Anderson an " Old Florida Soul" in downtown WPB playing the saxahone on the street. After I took some pictures of him I  interviewed him. He told me about his long life in Fl living on a farm , his mother the horses he loved and how they traveled in wagons to church' but most of all he talked about the music which he dreamed of while he worked. One dream he realize he traveled to Chicago for a time and played in a blues band leraning many instuments.  
Now he is back in Florida and life is harder he says. "Life was hard on the farm but we always knew we had the crops in the field and food on the table". I hope this picture is a tribute to his dreams his music and the life he lived.


                                                          Click Image to Enlarge

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment